01 Aug Sacramento Custom Patio Covers, Why Should You Buy One?
I was always taught that it’s better to have the information and to not make a decision, then to make a decision without the information. With that in mind, I have put together this guide for you, to educate you on everything you need to know about Custom Patio Covers and the process of buying a Sacramento Custom Patio Cover.
Within this guide you will learn:
- The benefits custom patio covers can bring to your outdoor space
- What to look for when choosing the right patio cover
- The different styles of patio covers and customization
The Benefits : Enhancing Your Outdoor Space with Custom Patio Covers.
Living in almost year round sunny Sacramento, California comes with its perks. Barbecues, swimming pools and simply relaxing outdoors is a big part of our lifestyle. When my husband and I were house shopping one of our greatest focuses was on the outdoor area. Homes with livable outdoor spaces are highly desirable to all buyers so we made sure to act quickly!
You may be looking into options to make your backyard a more functional space or just looking to shade an area. Here we’ll go over why custom patio covers may be a good option for your situation.
Are You Dealing With Any Of Theses Common Backyard Struggles?
- Lack of shade
- Little to no functional outdoor living space
- Lacking space inside your home
- No privacy
- Small backyard
- No where to put your new grill?
Custom Patio Covers bring solutions to all these problems. Here are some of the major highlights you can look forward to:
- Adds aesthetics to your backyard and makes it more appealing.
- Extend your living space outside
- Enjoy your outdoor environment more and have a livable backyard area.
- Perfect shade structure, great place to spend time with family and friends
- Creates options for privacy (climbing plants, hanging curtains or screens are a few options)
- Permanent fixture that stays up through all seasons & weather conditions. No need to worry about taking it down and storing somewhere.
- Covered patio covers provide sun, rain & debris protection. These are great for homes with tree coverage.
(PRO TIP: spend some time in your backyard and watch the sun movement & shaded areas. Which areas are you avoiding now due to excessive direct sunlight or lack of privacy? Map it out before your appointment with a specialist to go over with them.)
You can get a Free Quote for a Sacramento Custom Patio Cover by Clicking here.
Different Types of Custom Patio Covers? 3 Things to Consider :
Not every patio cover is created equal. There are many different patio covers that you will encounter when looking for the right one. Each one has it’s pros and cons, it’s up to you to decide what is the right option for you. Most contractors will show you different options.
1. Price vs. Value
Patio covers are great returns on your investment (ROI). If you’re ever considering selling your home, keep that in mind when budgeting. Of course, not all Sacramento custom patio covers are created equal so it’s important to pick the right material. Although the price points may be substantially different for each type of material, it’s important to look for the one that will retain its value in the long run. Also which one will create the most value for you? Sometimes we choose something that will solve only part of the problem in order to save on cost but find ourselves not using it as much which defeats the purpose. Treat this purchase as an investment into your home & your lifestyle.
Different patios are made with different materials, this results in different patios having different durability. Wood patio structures generally having the lowest durability ratings causing rotting and molding a few years into their lives. Vinyl is more durable however it sacrifices overall quality and structure of the patio. Duralum is the most durable patio cover option, however it might be a little more pricey.
Along with having different durability levels, patios also have different maintenance levels. Duralum requires the least amount of maintenance, followed by Vinyl. Wood requires the most amount of maintenance. If you choose to go with a wood patio, you will have to be ready to take measures to coat and paint the wood. Not to mention the possibility of termites and other insects nesting in the wood.
(PRO TIP: too many people purchase based on design vs. practicality. Make sure to ask your patio cover specialist what exactly is required to maintain the longevity & aesthetics of your preferred patio cover. How much will that maintenance run you in the next 5-10 years? These are all important factors to consider.)
I would recommend Duralum® patios because they offer the best Cost vs Value. It is the best product that we feel confident offering our clients.
Custom Patios : How Custom are we Talking?
If you were going to spend thousands of dollars on something, you would want to control all aspects of it right? Well, with Duralum you can choose and control almost every aspect of your patio cover, in order to get exactly what you want.
- There are many different options you can pick on your patio covers. Including edges (beveled, corbel, mitered, Scallop).
- You can choose from flat pan patios, solid insulated patios which absorb rain noise, Lattice patio covers, roof extensions and much more. The choices are endless, and it all comes down to your personal preference!
- Stuck between lattice or solid? Pick both! With a push of a button have your patio cover open and close to provide partial or full coverage whenever you need. Also, it easily integrates into your smart-home technology. Enjoy sunshine during a beautiful spring day or block out the rain to keep dry anytime.
- You can add customizable options to make your patio cover more unique and inviting. Add ons such as water misters, light and fans are available.
Important Rules To Keep In Mind Before Purchasing a Custom Patio Cover.
There are many things you need to consider before committing to a purchase of this scale.
- Make sure your product comes with warranties and that they are transferable to future homeowners, this brings added value to your home if you plan on selling it.Our Duralum Patio Covers provide this.
- Make sure you find the right contractor – make sure they are qualified and licensed, have mostly positive reviews on Google and Angie’s List, check that they are at least A rated on Better Business Bureau, have a good track record and are trustworthy.
- Don’t fall for a cheap patio cover just because of the price, don’t forget to consider all of the factors such as warranties and product quality and durability as well.
- Make sure you have proper permitting for your custom patio covers or roof extension. Most qualified contractors will take care of this for you.
- Make sure you get the proper height and cover area for your Patio so you don’t have any regrets.
Your next step should be to find the right Contractor and get a quote from one of their specialists. Finally, the specialists will go more in depth with you and provide solutions for your unique personal situation and you will be able to make a better informed decision.
I took a lot of time and effort in making this guide for you guys! I hope that it has helped you to make an informed and educated decision. Thank you for taking the time!
Get a good idea of your custom project and it’s pricing by clicking here.